Pine City Evangelical Free Church offers Awana for children ages 3 years old through 6th grade on Wednesday evenings, 6:00-7:30 p.m., September to May.
What is Awana?
AWANA is an international Bible-centered children’s ministry that brings churches and parents together to raise kids to know, love, and serve Christ for life. Each club meeting includes a time for a Bible lesson, scripture memory and games, along with fun monthly themes to encourage team spirit and participation of clubbers.
AWANA is divided into the following clubs:
Cubbies is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
The Cubbies curriculum features two handbooks written in a fun, storybook style that appeals to preschoolers. The handbooks contain 24 Bear Hug sections along with six optional special-day sections. Each section combines basic Scripture memory with parent-child activities to help a child grasp a simple biblical truth. Two extra-credit handbooks containing additional memory verses and character-building activities are also available.
Before starting a handbook, newcomers to Cubbies are taken through an introductory brochure that gives parents and children a brief overview of the program and presents God’s plan of salvation at a preschooler’s level.
The Awana Clubs for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training
Sparks (K – 2nd Grade)
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine, establishing a foundation of biblical wisdom
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
Truth & Training (3rd-6th Grade)
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives